söndag 24 februari 2013

Slippery

Yesterday our local barony had arranged a shoe-workshop, held at my place (very convenient since I was alone with the kids over the weekend). Eric, who held the workshop, brought his copy of the wonderful book "Stepping through time", with lots and lots of pictures of shoes in pieces from almost all historical times. So inspiring! So Eric convinced me that it is not that scary trying to make ones own shoepattern from a picture. And I have yearned for a pair of indoor slippers, as can be seen in this illustration:

You didn´t look under  the bed, did you?
So I found this little slippery shoe in the book, but I think I will make mine without the overfolding backpiece.

Excellent start! Eric then suggested that I make a model in fabric first, to try it out. Said and done, I brought some denim out in order to make a tryout. It turned out rather well after some fitting and adjustment.
Some pieces to begin with.

Stitched together and fitted.

Model slipper
Cutting the leather

Ready to do the piecing together.
I decided to make the entire slipper in soft leather without the hard sole, I will only use them indoors or in the pattens, simply for comfort and to protect my hose from wear and dirt.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar